Your mattress is the most used and important piece of furniture in your home. It directly impacts your overall well-being and health by contributing to your restoration and sleep.
But how do you know if your mattress needs to be replaced? Oklahoma State University research showed significant improvement in sleep and back pain reduction in participants who replaced their old mattresses (minimum mattress age of 5 years).
Is It Time? Old Mattress Replacement Tips
Here are a few tips to help you determine if you need to consider a new mattress set:
• Is the cover soiled or torn?
• Does the mattress look uneven, or is there more than 1.5 inches of depression?
• Is the comfort uneven, or can you feel the springs through the padding?
• Do you develop painful “pressure points”?
• Have you recently developed allergies? (Old mattresses are breeding grounds for dust mites and allergies)
• Is your mattress noisy?
• Do you constantly wake up with a backache?
• Do you toss and turn, waking up frequently in the middle of the night?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to consider replacing your current mattress set. Make an appointment to speak with a certified mattress professional to see if a new sleep set might improve your level of sleep and health.